Welcome to Aerial Fit! We believe anyone can benefit from circus arts, and the first things you will need to do are very easy.
Before class starts
- New students must arrive at least 10 minutes early for their first class, to fill out paperwork and to have a brief safety orientation before class starts. New students who arrive less than 10 minutes early will only be accommodated if it will not delay the start of class or jeopardize their orientation or warmup. Please plan accordingly.
- All participants must sign a liability waiver prior to going onto the floor. Participants under the age of 18 will require a parent or legal guardian’s signature on their waiver and registration form.
- Wear comfortable form-fitting clothing that covers the armpits and knees. Leggings and form-fitting tops work well. For some aerial classes, unitards and/or leotards can provide additional protection around the waist area. Be aware that you might be going upside down and please dress accordingly. Long hair should be tied back. Please wear deodorant in consideration of the person who will be on the fabric after you.
- To participate fully in any class, you must remove all jewelry (especially rings and bracelets). Do not wear perfume as it can linger on the fabric. Do not wear moisturizer as it can make you slippery and damage the apparatus.
- Nobody under the influence of any mood-altering substances including drugs or alcohol may participate in any class or activity at Aerial Fit.
- Students only on the training floor.
- No shoes allowed on the floor.
- No food, gum, or liquid allowed on the floor.
- Stay off the equipment until given permission by the instructor on duty.
- Please inform your instructor of any recent or recurring injuries, aches or pains.
- Regular classes with only 1 participant will run as scheduled but will be shortened by 15 minutes.
Observers & Parents
We understand that you are curious about what our students are doing. Please help us keep our students safe and focused by following our Observer/Guardian policies.
- Please inform the instructor if you plan on observing a class.
- Observers should refrain from commenting on, talking to or disrupting the students in any way while class is in session. We want the students focused entirely on the class instruction.
- No photos or videos allowed without advance permission from the instructor. Please see the Photo & Video policies.
- Please stay in the seating area. If you need to use the restroom, ask the instructor for the safest path to take.
Photo & Video
We all love to share our aerial and acrobatics adventures with photos and videos. Photos and videos can be distracting when learning, so please read our Photo/Video policies.
- Photos may be taken after group classes only with permission of the instructor.
- If the student has given permission for video to be taken, then video may only be taken of the student after class.
- No video of the instructors is allowed.
Equipment & Apparatus Safety
We strongly adhere to a safety first philosophy. While aerial and acrobatics is really fun, we need to make sure it stays that way by following our Equipment/Safety policies.
- Recognize that aerial arts has inherent risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to self, to property, or to third parties. Such risks cannot be completely eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity, however, we can mitigate the risks by following safe practice.
- Do not touch rigging or pulley system without direct permission from the instructor on duty.
- Always practice over a thick mat if you are leaving the ground.
- Make sure that mats are centered underneath the apparatus.
- Do not step on a mat that you are not using. Never walk underneath anyone who is in the air.
- Treat our safety equipment with respect. Carry the mats, do not drag them.
- Reservations are strongly suggested for all classes, and students without a reservation will not be guaranteed a spot.
- We have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Any reservations canceled with less than 24 hours, or no-shows, will lose the class credit.
- Students who are not at class by class start time may lose their reservation if there are others waiting to get in. If your spot can be filled you will be given a makeup class, if not then the reservation will be lost.
- Students who arrive 10 minutes late (or more) will be required to observe class rather than participate, since they have missed the warm-up and intro to the class lesson. Class credit or refund will not be granted.
- To make a reservation, please follow these simple steps.
- Purchase a membership or class card. (You must create a membership, which will allow you to manage your class reservations from any computer with internet access. If you have trouble with this, contact us.).
- Find the class you would like to take in our calendar, click on it, and hit “reserve.” (If the “reserve” option is not visible, or if you have any other questions or concerns, contact us and we will help finalize your reservation.)
In order to maintain small class sizes with a low student/teacher ratio, to effectively host visiting instructors, and to offer the most comprehensive schedule possible, please observe the following cancellation policies.
- Sales: All sales are final sale and refunds will not be granted.
- Passes & Memberships: All passes are non-transferable and may not be shared.
- Memberships and class cards may not be frozen without advance written permission from Aerial Fit, and will only be granted for injuries/illness when notified in advance.
- Series passes may not be transferred to other classes.
- Class passes and memberships may not be used for series classes.
- Regular classes: Regular classes have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Any reservations canceled with less than 24 hours, or no-shows, will lose the class credit.
- Series classes: Class credit will be given if cancellation is more than 1 week prior to the start date of the series. Cancelations of less than 1 week will receive no refund and no credit.
- One make-up class per 4 week period will be allowed in series classes with advance notice of absence. Make-up classes must be used within the time frame of the series, and expire when the series ends. Makeup classes will not be credited or rolled forward.
- Workshops: If you cancel more than 1 week prior to enrollment deadline then the payment toward the workshop will be credited to your next purchase. Cancelations of less than 1 week prior to the enrollment deadline will receive no refund and no credit, unless their spot can be filled.
- Private Lessons: 24 hour cancellation policy applies to private lessons. Full price will be charged for the lesson if canceled with less than 24 hours, or in the case of a no-show.
- Groups and Parties: 2 week cancellation policy required for full credit, minus $30 administrative fee. Less than 2 weeks cancellation will receive no credit or refund. Full payment is due for parties canceled within 1 week.
- Workshops and series classes may be cancelled in advance if a minimum number of students have not pre-registered (in which case anyone signed up will receive a full refund or credit). Regular classes with only 1 student will run as scheduled but will be shortened by 15 minutes.
- Please note all expiration dates for class passes.
- Memberships begin on the day of purchase and last for the specified amount of time. Passes may not be frozen without advance written permission from Aerial Fit, and will only be granted for injuries/illness when notified in advance.
- All passes are non-transferable and may not be shared.
- Class passes and memberships are final sale and will not be refunded.
- A 50% deposit is required to book a private, semi-private, or group lesson. The date will only be held once payment is received.
- 24 hour cancellation policy applies to private lessons. Full price will be charged for the lesson if canceled with less than 24 hours, or in the case of a no-show.
- Private lesson packages last for 6 months from the date of purchase.
Group Lessons and Parties
- A 50% deposit is required to book a group lesson or party, with remainder due 1 week prior.
- Cancellation policy for Groups and Parties: 2 week cancellation policy required for full credit, minus $30 administrative fee. Less than 2 weeks cancellation will receive no credit or refund. Full payment is due for parties canceled within 1 week.
- We take your privacy very seriously! All personal information you provide is used to complete your transaction and set up your membership account, and will be kept in strict confidence and never sold or given to a third party for any reason, except to our payment processor to the extent needed to complete the transaction.
- We use only companies that practice secure processing of online funds so that you, as a potential customer, can be assured that your private information will be safe and secure.
- Aerial Fit does not have access to credit card numbers. Only the credit card processing company has access to this information to complete the checkout process.