Welcome to training at Aerial Fit®! For new students who are excited to discover a new passion, we can’t wait to meet you!
Please familiarize yourself with our new COVID-related policies and procedures before signing up for in-person lessons.
Aerial Fit COVID Policy Summary:
Scheduling & general policies
Everyone entering the studio must have a pre-scheduled appointment, and have signed our new waivers and agreed to the COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk.
This Safety Agreement states that you should NOT come to the studio if any of the following are true:
- If you have experienced symptoms that could be COVID related in the past 14 days. CDC list of possible COVID symptoms.
- If you have been in contact with anyone who has shown any of the above symptoms, or test positive for COVID in the past 14 days.
- If you have not worn a protective mask when in public situations where social distancing is not consistently possible.
- In addition, we are asking students who have been in high risk situations including but not limited to the following, to stay out of the studio until 14 days have passed:
- Indoor crowds such as commercial flights or classrooms,
- Large crowds such as parties, weddings, etc,
- Traveling to an identified hotspot,
- Any situation where transmission risk was higher than normal.
- Our staff agree to the above as well.
Aerial Fit Mask Policy:
Masks are required at all times while inside Aerial Fit. Please make sure that your mask is designed for vigorous movement.:
- All students and instructors’ masks must stay in place while training circus. The mask must fully cover your nose and mouth at all times.
- Your mask should not contain a valve. These types of masks do not protect others around you from COVID-19.
- You are welcome to remove the mask extremely briefly to take a sip of water, however, if you require a longer break from the mask you must step outside.
- We have a limited supply of hand-made 3-D 3 layer cloth masks for sale at Aerial Fit.
What else to bring:
- Students should bring a full water bottle. Per state recommendation, the drinking feature of the water fountain is closed. The water bottle refill feature is available for use.
- Comfortable form-fitting clothing that covers both the armpits and the knees. No sharp edges like zippers, etc. We have a limited supply of T-shirts for sale if needed.
Physical distancing while at Aerial Fit:
Students and staff are expected to adhere to physical distancing policies.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before the start of your class time or training time. Wait for the sign on the door to be flipped to “enter”, and if you see students ahead of you please give them a moment to enter before you come in.
- Keep a distance of at least 6 feet from others at all times, except for a brief moment during temperature check at the sign-in desk.
- No physical cuing or spotting is happening during lessons, except in emergency situations. Lesson content is chosen to minimize the likelihood that emergency spotting will be required.
- In order to maintain space between students, aerial students are spaced with a minimum of 10 feet between each practice point. This means that many fewer points are in use at one time.
- Warm-up and ground based exercises now take place with each student in their own marked area, on a vinyl mat (for returning students, this means we no longer move throughout the space during warm-up). In addition, cardio is removed from the warm-ups for now.
- We have moved to a 4 hour cancellation policy instead of a 24 hour cancelation policy, to encourage anyone feeling ill or concerned about a possible exposure to be sure to cancel.
- WIth more than 4 hours notice: If a student needs to cancel an in-studio reservation or point/space rental, they will receive an account credit if they contact Aerial Fit in writing at least 4 hours in advance via email to [email protected] No refunds will be issued.
- With less than 4 hours notice: If a student needs to cancel an in-studio reservation or point/space rental, they will receive an account credit towards Aerial FIt’s on-demand pre-recorded classes if they contact Aerial Fit in advance via email to [email protected] No refunds will be issued.
- Since our in-person capacity is extremely limited at this time, we do need to be firm with our 4 hour cancellation policy. If you have questions please contact us at [email protected]
Aerial Fit COVID Full Policy:
COVID-19 Response Plan
At Aerial Fit our first priority has always been your safety and success, and that is in the front of our minds as we navigate this new world. We remain committed to the safety and health of our staff, students, and community, and have adopted new procedures and policies in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We have developed our new policies and procedures based on the latest guidance from health professionals including the CDC, state recommendations and requirements, and recommendations from those in our industry including The American Circus Educators (ACE). We continue to monitor the latest developments and research regarding COVID-19, and will update our protocols if/when it becomes necessary based on new information.
In aerial arts we are constantly thinking about risk mitigation. While we know that we cannot fully eliminate the risk of COVID-19 from our studio, we are working hard to take as many protective measures as we can to reduce the risk as much as possible. These efforts are detailed below.
In addition, we continue to teach online classes and workouts that you can do at home without aerial equipment. Students who have been taking these classes regularly have come back so strong, there’s no reason to stop with your practice if you’re sheltering at home. Our community is larger than our shared physical space, and we are looking for new ways to support your development whatever the circumstances.
For those returning to in-person training, many things will look different when you return, but our commitment to offering top notch instruction remains. We are excited to welcome you back and keep you inspired during these unprecedented times.
Please read the following policies carefully so you can show up to your lesson ready to do your part. It is up to all of us to keep each other safe, and our risk mitigation around COVID-19 requires cooperation from everyone. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
Before Class: Screening
All students must sign Aerial Fit’s COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk LINK before coming to the studio.
On arrival, wait until we flip the sign to ENTER before coming inside. At the desk you will be asked if you’ve had any recent symptoms or exposure to COVID-19, and your temperature will be taken with a contact-free forehead thermometer.
Anyone with a temperature of 100F or greater, anyone who has exhibited any potential COVID-19 symptoms, or anyone who has come into contact with someone exhibiting symptoms within the last 14 days will not be permitted to remain in the studio. Students will not be allowed to return to the studio until it is safe to do so per CDC guidelines.
All of the above procedures apply to staff members as well. If we need to cancel lessons or classes due to this you will be notified as soon as possible and credited for the missed session.
Cleaning & disinfecting
Aerial Fit has stocked up on a variety of disinfectants that are EPA approved to inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19 and effective hand sanitizer.
Before beginning training, all students will be asked to thoroughly wash their hands. In addition, feel free to use hand sanitizer frequently.
No staff or students will be sharing any equipment while in the studio (with the exception being made for members of the same household ie, Jordan and Clayton). All apparatuses are either disinfected after use, or tagged and isolated for an appropriate amount of time to allow any potential virus to die before reuse.
There are no longer shared chalk and rosin bins. We offer reusable rosin and chalk socks for purchase ($5 each) that will last you through many aerial training sessions. It is the students responsibility to remember to bring their own chalk or rosin sock with them to the studio. Please, no spray rosin.
Below is a list of cleaning procedures for different parts of the studio.
- Doorknobs, handles, light switches, and other high touch surfaces: Disinfected by staff between each class or lesson.
- Sinks, toilets, and high touch bathroom surfaces: Disinfected by staff between each class or lesson.
- Lobby cubbies: Disinfected by staff between each class or lesson.
- Crash mats and vinyl warm up mats: Disinfected by student after use. We supply an EPA approved disinfectant that needs to be sprayed onto the surface and allowed to sit. We also supply clean rags to help evenly distribute the disinfectant.
- Apparatuses: Apparatuses that can be disinfected will be disinfected after each use. Apparatuses that cannot be disinfected after each use will be name-tagged and left to sit for 3 days before another user can use it.
- Aerial fabric (silks and slings): Name tagged immediately after use and isolated for 3 days between users OR derigged and laundered before next use.
- Aerial hoops: Disinfected after each use with disinfectant wipes or EPA approved disinfectant spray.
- Span sets on aerial hoops: Name tagged immediately, isolated for 3 days between users.
- Trapeze bars: Disinfected after each use with disinfectant wipes or EPA approved disinfectant spray.
- Trapeze ropes: Name tagged immediately, isolated for 3 days between users.
- Aerial ropes: Name tagged immediately after use and isolated for 3 days between users.
- Yoga blocks, foam rollers, juggling equipment, and other props: Many of these are difficult to disinfect and have been taken out of service. Those that remain are to be placed into the labeled bin after use where they will be disinfected by staff or rested for a minimum of three days before the next user.
- Training Floor: This floor is difficult to regularly sanitize, so we are no longer training directly on top of it. Everyone must use a vinyl mat underneath them during warm-up, floor conditioning, and cool-down.
- Full studio deep clean: The full studio is deep cleaned by staff on a regular basis, including lesser used surfaces as well as commonly used surfaces.
Maintaining physical distancing
We are currently keeping the maximum occupancy of Aerial Fit very low. All in person training is scheduled via MindBody, which also allows us to track who is in the space at what time. All start times are well staggered to allow for physical distancing and also enhanced cleaning time.
All aerial training points are set up with crash mats and warm up mats by staff before student arrival. This allows students to maintain distance before class begins. Staff will also put mats away after use, to help maintain distance after class ends.
Observers are not permitted inside the studio.
All participants including instructors are physically spaced in the studio to allow for an absolute minimum of six feet of space on the floor and a minimum of 10 feet of space in the air. Staff will set up crash mats and warm-up mats with distancing in mind and students are expected to remain on their mats throughout their session.
Warm-ups are now designed to take place while maintaining physical distance, with students remaining in one place rather than moving throughout the studio.
No physical cuing or spotting is permitted during lessons, except in emergency situations. Lesson content is chosen to minimize the likelihood that emergency spotting will be required.
It is the responsibility of everyone who enters the space to ensure that they maintain physical distancing. We are trusting and counting on students and staff alike to be aware and mindful of where they are in relation to others in the studio, and make adjustments if necessary to keep everyone safe.
Masks are required at all times while inside Aerial Fit. Please make sure that your mask style:
- Will stay in place while training circus. It must cover your nose and mouth at all times.
- Does not contain a valve. These types of masks do not protect others around you from COVID-19.
- You are welcome to remove the mask extremely briefly to take a sip of water, however, if you require a longer break from the mask you must step outside.
We have a limited supply of hand-made 3-D 3 layer cloth masks for sale at Aerial Fit. We recommend trying different styles until you find one that works for you. If you have not trained in a mask yet, you will be surprised at how quickly you will adapt. We are taking the use of masks into account when planning classes.
We have removed the use of cardio from our warmups for the time being. We have found other creative ways to get your body prepared to be in the air. Feel free to take a short cardio warmup before arriving at the studio if you know that is important for your body.
Ventilation and air flow
When the weather permits, Aerial Fit will have the large roll-up door open to allow for outside air to circulate into the studio. We have installed mosquito netting across this door to keep the mosquitos and no see ems out.
Summer in Charleston is often too hot and humid to allow that door to be open, and when that is the case we are opening the small door between lessons to allow a quick infusion of outside air to come inside.
We have recently added large air purifiers with HEPA filters to the studio, which are running before, during, and after all classes and lessons.
Tracking and reporting
All in person activities are scheduled via our scheduling software which allows us to have a clear and concise record of who was in the studio and when. If we learn from a student or staff member that they have tested positive for COVID-19, we will work with the local Department of Health to immediately inform everyone who was present in the studio at the same time.
Aerial Fit® General Policies
Welcome to Aerial Fit®! We believe anyone can benefit from circus arts, and the first things you will need to do are very easy.
Before your session starts
- Prepare by checking out our online New Student Welcome and Orientation.
- Digitally sign all liability waivers and agreements prior to entering Aerial Fit. Participants under the age of 18 will require a parent or legal guardian’s signature on their waiver and registration forms.
- Show up in comfortable form-fitting clothing that covers the armpits and knees. Leggings and form-fitting tops work well. For some aerial classes, unitards and/or leotards can provide additional protection around the waist area. Be aware that you might be going upside down and please dress accordingly. Long hair should be tied back. Please wear deodorant in consideration of others around you.
- To participate fully at Aerial Fit, you must remove all jewelry (especially rings and bracelets). Do not wear perfume as it can linger on the fabric. Do not wear moisturizer as it can make you slippery and damage the apparatus.
- Nobody under the influence of any mood-altering substances including drugs or alcohol may participate in any class or activity at Aerial Fit.
During your session
- Students only on the training floor.
- No shoes allowed on the floor.
- No food, gum, or liquid allowed on the floor.
- Stay off the equipment until given permission by the instructor on duty.
- Please inform your instructor of any recent or recurring injuries, aches or pains.
- Be considerate of the equipment and those around you. Respect the instructor(s) on duty and be sure to follow all instructions.
We are not allowing observers inside the facility at this time. Students only inside the space.
Photo & Video
We all love to share our aerial and acrobatics adventures with photos and videos. Photos and videos can be distracting when learning, so please read our Photo/Video policies.
- Photos and video may be taken only with permission of the instructor.
- Please do not post video of the instructors.
Equipment & Apparatus Safety
We strongly adhere to a safety first philosophy. While aerial and acrobatics is really fun, we need to make sure it stays that way by following our Equipment/Safety policies.
- Recognize that aerial arts has inherent risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to self, to property, or to third parties. Such risks cannot be completely eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity, however, we can mitigate the risks by following safe practice.
- Do not touch rigging or pulley system without direct permission from the instructor on duty.
- Always practice over a thick mat if you are leaving the ground.
- Make sure that mats are centered underneath the apparatus.
- Do not step on a mat that you are not using. Never walk underneath anyone who is in the air.
- Treat our safety equipment with respect. Carry the mats, do not drag them.
Reservations & Cancellation policy
- Reservations are required before arriving at the studio.
- For private and semi-private lessons and any small group classes we have a 4 hour cancellation policy in place.
- Cancellation with more than 4 hours notice: If a student needs to cancel an in-studio reservation or point/space rental, they will receive an account credit if they contact Aerial Fit in writing at least 4 hours in advance via email to [email protected]. No refunds will be issued.
- With less than 4 hours notice: If a students needs to cancel an in-studio reservation or point/space rental, they will receive an account credit towards Aerial Fit’s on-demand pre-recorded class if they contact Aerial Fit in advance via email to [email protected]. No refunds will be issued.
- Since our in-person capacity is extremely limited at this time, we do need to be firm with our 4 hour cancellation policy. If you have questions please contact us at [email protected].
- Students who are not at class by class start time may lose their spot if there is a waitlist. If your spot can be filled you will be given a makeup class credit, if not then the reservation will be lost.
- Students who arrive 10 minutes late (or more) will be required to observe rather than participate, since they have missed the warm-up and intro to the lesson. Class credit or refund will not be granted.
Memberships and Passes
- Please note all billing dates for memberships and all expiration dates for passes.
- Memberships begin on the day of purchase and last for the specified amount of time. Memberships and passes may not be frozen without advance written permission from Aerial Fit, and will only be granted for injuries/illness when notified in advance.
- All passes are non-transferable and may not be shared.
- Class passes and memberships are final sale and will not be refunded.
- We take your privacy very seriously! All personal information you provide is used to complete your transaction and set up your membership account, and will be kept in strict confidence and never sold or given to a third party for any reason, except to our payment processor to the extent needed to complete the transaction.
- We use only companies that practice secure processing of online funds so that you, as a potential customer, can be assured that your private information will be safe and secure.
- Aerial Fit does not have access to credit card numbers. Only the credit card processing company has access to this information to complete the checkout process.